Basic Soap Balls Recipe
Makes approx 6 soap balls
You will need:
- 450g Vegetable Soap Flakes
- 30g Corn Starch
- 1-2 tablespoons of natural colourant oil (for example: alkanet root macerated in sunflower oil - see Natural Colourants page for details)
- Dried Petals or Herbs
- 50-70 drops of Fragrance Oil or Essential Oil
- 150ml Spring Water
- Grind the soap flakes into a coarse grit in a blender (or use a mortar and pestle).
- Transfer to a glass mixing bowl and blend with the corn starch.
- Add 1 tablespoon of natural colourant oil and stir in. Add a little more if you want a stronger shade.
- Add the essential oil or fragrance oil and mix well to combine evenly.
- Warm the water in a pan and then pour over the soap mixture.
- Stir well with a fork and then knead the mixture with your hands until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into six portions.
- Brush a little oil on your hands and roll each portion into a ball smoothing out the surface.
- Roll the balls in ground petals or herbs for decoration if you wish.
- Leave to air-dry and harden for around a week before use.